Studio Caribe TV is a Caribbean Production Company that brings together a wealth of talent and experience from around the region, demonstrating teamwork values at international standards. With production/location services we bring the world to the Caribbean. Through developing original content we take the Caribbean to the World. We are based in Barbados and we work throughout the region.
- Location scouting and management: Whether you are familiar with the Caribbean region or not we can provide a full location service.
- Crew: With our in-house crew and contacts across the Caribbean that we have built up over the years we can tailor a local team to your specific needs.
- Casting: We can deal with all of your local casting services. The diversity of the Caribbean is unparalleled. Read more and browse our gallery here.
- Equipment: We have a fully loaded studio and can source equipment locally and regionally. We are able to provide camera, grip and lighting packages from LED panels to 6K ARRI HMI’s. If you are bringing equipment we will handle the logistics with customs and others.
- Accommodation: Being one of the world’s leading tourist destinations the Caribbean possesses a very wide selection of accommodation options – from beach cabanas to luxury suites and villas.
- Catering: Over the years we have dealt with a wide variety of catering requirements. Here again the region’s tourism experience comes into play. We can arrange catering from small to large scale.
- Transportation: On-island we can arrange scooters to cube trucks, jet skis to boats. Options for inter-island travel are varied – by air and by sea.
- Props / sets: Despite the small size of some of the islands there is some availability of basic materials in stock as well as crew. However wherever requirements cannot be immediately met, air and surface shipping arrangements can be made and personnel transported.
- Customs / immigration / permits: Laws differ territory to territory but generally you will have no problem getting your equipment and crew in and out. As soon as locations are identified we will make the appropriate arrangements.
- Underwater unit: Our team includes highly skilled film divers who have worked on a range of projects for international crews.
We provide full professional production services for international crews in the fields of film, television and photography. We are focussed on ensuring a smooth experience for visiting crews.
In this region we bring a unique talent pool as a result of our experience producing our own original content. The insights acquired are brought to the full spectrum of location production services that we provide to international crews.
From the location scout, where we bring a special eye, and going forward, “we get it”.
We are focussed on bringing your project in on budget, whether large or small. We live and work in the Caribbean and are passionate about this region. We will work hard to make sure that your project gets the most out of its location(s).
- current affairs
- … and more.
Our work for clients has taken us around the English, Spanish, French and Dutch Caribbean – where we maintain contacts. The subject matter of some of our work has also led us to shoot internationally, in the UK and USA.
See some examples of our original content.
Our team is led by Sanna Allsopp - a British/Barbadian documentary filmmaker, director, producer and production manager. She brings years of experience in television and film, with previous professional experience in London and Mumbai. Sanna trained in anthropology and documentary, but now works across a broad spectrum including music videos, commercials and photographic shoots.
She has spent the last five years working extensively in the Caribbean. Most recently, Sanna shot and directed “Built to Last”. A story about Caribbean athletes in the run up to the Olympics. This film premiered at the BFI.
The experience that Sanna brings means that our team can give unparalleled technical and cultural advice.
Sanna is a graduate of University College London and Goldsmith’s College and is a fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.
Ian Watts is an award-winning film and TV director of photography (Lighting Cameraman). He works on dramas, factual entertainment, documentaries, and music and current affairs films. He has filmed in 50 countries around the globe, ranging from Ghana to Greenland, and has shot comprehensively throughout the Caribbean. Through this he has garnished a vast filmic knowledge of the world, and a real passion for the Caribbean.
Recently he filmed the BBC’s epic Olympic series ‘Faster, Higher, Stronger: Stories of the Olympic Games’, and some BBC music films, plus two forthcoming short film drama thrillers; ‘Somnambulant’, and ‘The Unexplained’.
Ian is BBC Camera & Lighting Safety Certified and belongs to the Guild of Television Cameramen, and has also worked as a Bafta Judge. For a full filmography please go to www.ianwatts.tv
For some projects it makes sense to collaborate. We have a great relationship with Louise Sandiford of Caribbean Crews, which is based in Antigua.